- 3.14 is National Pi Day!
- Oreo turned 100 last week!
- I’m in need of some comfort food tonight
- Comfort=chocolate pudding
- My dad’s side of the family hails from western Pennslyvania, and while much of the family tree has dispersed to more cosmopolitan regions, Oreo pudding combos were at every family reunion I can remember. We may be all profiterole now, but deep down, we’re still dirt pie.
As in a mathematical proof, this is a clear equation for Oreo Pudding Pi(e). But Oreo Pudding Pi(e) would not be complete without a cocktail thrown in for good measure, (the name of this site demands it), so this is actually a recipe for Mudslide Pudding Pi(e).
Mudslide Pudding Pi(e)
Makes one 9 inch pie
- 1 15.5 oz package chocolate sandwich cookies, such as Oreo.
- 3 Tbs butter, melted
- 2 boxes chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 oz Kahlua
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 Tbs Bailey’s
Grease a 9 inch pie pan. Set aside. Reserve 14 cookies. Eat 6, save the other 8 for garnish. Pulse remaining cookies in food processor until ground to small crumbs. Mix in bowl with melted butter. Press into pie pan. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, whisk together packages of pudding and milk. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, mix in Kahlua, and pour into pie crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. In a large bowl, beat heavy cream with sugar. When soft peaks form, add Bailey’s. Beat a minute more, careful not to over whip. Spread cream in a thick layer on cold pie. Garnish with remaining cookies. Serve immediately.
Hi! We participated today as part of a Pi Day Pie Blog Hop. Check it out when you have time! Love to see more boozey pi’s!! 🙂
Pingback: International Pi(e) Day | The Boozy Bakeshop